We're hiring a grantwriter!
The Grant Writer & Administrator is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting new and existing government, foundation and corporate fundraising initiatives to generate increased revenue and to support economic and community development project activities within the NCMEDD region.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare documents, create drafts for approval, and submits proposals.
• Research and determine proposal opportunities.
• Coordinates with contributors to ensure grant requirements are met.
• Enters, updates, and maintain grant data tracker and calendar.
• File and maintain grant paperwork.
• Attend offsite meetings and conduct proposal presentations.
• Partner with ED to develop grant writing strategy.
• Formulate and write foundation and corporation letters of inquiry, grant proposals, reports and other related communication.
• Maintain grant and funding details.
• Develop and prepare supporting materials for grant proposals.
• Research and identify new sources of support, track grants and deadlines and ensure timely submissions of required documentation.
• Work closely with staff to become familiar with a wide array of local state and federal programs to ensure compelling and high quality submissions.
• Represent SDC in meetings, site visits, phone conversations, and events both internally and externally.
• Organize meetings and site visits for potential funders.
• Work with the members of the strategic planning team, as needed, to develop and implement strategic planning initiatives.
• Create and maintain a library of written descriptions of program activities for agency publications.
• Check company e-mail daily.
• All other duties assigned by management staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
• Must have 3+ years grant writing experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a nonprofit environment
• Verifiable experience in grant project budget planning.
• Ability to understand the needs of the agency and the grant funding organization.
• Proficient with office equipment and software including spreadsheets.
• Self-started and team player.
• Experience, willingness, and ability to collaborate and communicate with diverse teams and external partners.
• Ability to prioritize.
• Exemplary organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet firm deadlines required.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interact effectively with management, donors, government and foundation funders discretion and confidentiality.
• Must be able to occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed for special events, meetings and deadline requirements.
• Valid Drivers' License with insurable driving record.
• Writing Samples required.
Reports to: Executive Director
This is a Full Time, Exempt position. This position is eligible for benefits. Salary is based on experience.
This position is grant funded.
Comments: E.E.O.C. Excellent benefit package that includes vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, short-term disability, and retirement. Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Sweetgrass Development Corporation
RE: Grant Writer/Administrator Position
521 1st Avenue NW
Great Falls, MT, 59405
or email to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.